Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Released]  Damage Info
Plugin Version1.2.0
Plugin CategoryStatistical
Plugin DescriptionThis plugin will print info who damage whom and how much damage was dealt. Note this was mainly created for debugging purposes. Especially the Damage Debug.
Plugin Downloaddmg_Info.zip
Small plugin which (via cvar) can show deaths and damage info in their respective team color.

CVars: (Bold is default value)
- toggle_debug_damage 1|0 show damage notifications. This prints to ALL players
- toggle_debug_death 1|0 show death notifications.

to change the values you need to enter (either ingame through rcon or server console): ascmd toggle_debug_damage 1 or  ascmd toggle_debug_damage 0  (same for death)

Note: You need Rcon or Root rights to be able to change the cvar.

Also don't forget to add it to your default_plugins.txt

Code:
"plugin"
    {
        "name"      "Damage Info"
        "script"    "dmg_info/dmgInfo"
    }

Having trouble getting this running, I've added the plugin script and have tried both "ascmd debug_damage true" commands in my server.cfg and manually entering into console- and nothing seems to happen. My server is running on Linux- so that might be an issue, but help would be appreciated.
I've updated the plugin and changed the way it works. It should now work (the commands won't exist pre server start so adding them to server.cfg will not work). You need to have Rcon or Root rights to be able to change the cvars.
Still having trouble- not having any results. Added the /plugins file, changed defaultplugins.txt and stopped the server and reloaded it- typed rcon ascmd debug_damage 1 into console and nothing happens =C
Do it without rcon but keep in mind you need rcon rights to modify that value. Also i've updated it so remove the old one and get the latest as there was a cvar name change.
(01-15-2018, 11:59 AM)XeroX Wrote: Do it without rcon but keep in mind you need rcon rights to modify that value. Also i've updated it so remove the old one and get the latest as there was a cvar name change.

Yeah I had long since taken the old script off, and I am server owner with root access~ no luck here, making sure I do rcon_password x first to please the rcon with my rights as well. Again not sure if running a linux server presents problems but, these are the only plugins I'm having issues with so far. Curious as to why Johnys RTV and mapchooser utilize the /custom file for a editable .txt with options but these plugins dont as well. Thanks again for the help, would love to have these on the server.

] toggle_debug_death 1
Unknown command: toggle_debug_death
] ascmd toggle_debug_death 1
Command does not exist.

Naturally I'm having issues with High Ping kicker too~ When I type rcon in prior to the 'ascmd ahp_ignore_admins 1' - I at least don't get an unknown command or command does not exist line- so I figured that was the ticket but, apparently not.

] rcon ascmd ahp_ignore_admins 1
Round is starting, you must join now if you wish to play as a survivor!
Did you check with as_listplugins if it is loaded ?
(01-15-2018, 07:17 PM)XeroX Wrote: Did you check  with as_listplugins if it is loaded ?

] as_listplugins
[AS] Angelscript Plugin List
==========================================================
"Voting System"[H] (1.0.1) By JonnyBoy0719
"Map Chooser Extended"[S] (1.0.6) By JonnyBoy0719
"Rock The Vote"[H] (1.0.0) By JonnyBoy0719
==========================================================

Tried removing the plugins, typed it and got this- added the plugins and modified the default_plugins.txt and also got this same printout once stopping the server and restarting it. Would be happy to let someone look at my FTP and see if any red flags pop up.
Path should be:

Code:
zps/data/scripts/plugins/dmg_info/dmgInfo.as

Have a look on /zps/logs/angelscript maybe there is a log file that might tell the reason it isn't loading.

(01-16-2018, 10:47 AM)XeroX Wrote: Path should be:

Code:
zps/data/scripts/plugins/dmg_info/dmgInfo.as

Have a look on /zps/logs/angelscript maybe there is a log file that might tell the reason it isn't loading.

Sadly I don't have a logs file under /zps :c

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   01-17-2018, 03:42 PM    01-17-2018, 03:43 PM